New thing I’m doing:
Things you can read right now:
- The Other Side of Pain on Daily Science Fiction
- Red Retold on Every Day Fiction
- Interview with Ana Maria Spagna in Lunch Ticket
- Alis Volat Propriis won the Willamette Writers 2012 FiLMLaB script-to-film contest; made into a short screened at the Willamette Writers conference. The film went on to win Best Comedic Short in the Oregon Film Festival.
Things you can probably never read:
- I’m in an Unchaste Anthology! Print only. We were sworn to never publish it elsewhere. Insert shrugging emoji.
Some other things too…
- Drones & Drivers, original screenplay; Winner of the 2015 Other Worlds Austin Screenwriting in the Feature Script category; an earlier version was Fresh Voices Science Fiction finalist AND nominee for Best Role for a Leading Woman; finalist at Creative World Awards, quarter-finalist at Scriptapolooza. A very early draft was a quarter-finalist in the Science Fiction Category of the 2014 Big Break Contest.
- Aletheia (previously Gameplay), original screenplay, Top 100 in the Emerging Screenwriters Competition; as Gameplay, won the Silver Award in the Science Fiction Category of the 2013 World Series of Screenwriting contest. An earlier draft was a quarter-finalist in 2012 BlueCat and 2012 Fresh Voices.
- Four Days One Year: screened in the Northwest Filmmakers Festival and others.
- Just Like a Man: A short film that screened in festivals around the country and in Europe. Received a Judge’s Award at the Northwest Film Festival from judge Christine Vachon: “With its consistent comic tone and very strong visual touches, I was astounded at how sure this filmmaker’s hand was. A real surprise.”
- Program Coordinator (well, pre-pandemic) for the Oregon Writers Colony Spring Conference
- Volunteer, social media, Cascade Writers Workshop
- MFA in Creative Writing, Writing for Young People from Antioch University LA
- Certificate in Filmmaking from Northwest Film Center, Portland, Oregon
- Oregon Literary Fellowship awarded by Literary Arts of Oregon.
6 thoughts on “The Things”
Interesting FLASH The Other Side of Pain. Reminds me of the story BLUE (not sure of the title) Best of Sci Fi, annual some time ago. A pool vacuum that evolved.
I like taking a view of life from the unexpected. Children have a way of doing that.
Thanks for the story.
Just read “The Other Side of Pain”. Very nice!
I read you short on Daily Science Fiction.com. Very nice story and I enjoyed it.
I just read your story “The Other Side of Pain”. You got me emotional over a house’s loneliness, almost to tears! My one-word description of the story is “beautiful”. Excellent job!
Just read your story “The Other Side of Pain”. I found it a refreshing take on a house being a living creature with feelings. I enjoyed the story very much. Thanks for writing it.
The Other Side of Pain. Brilliant.